- Running – 16 miles / 3:01
- Swimming – 9 miles/ 5:35
- Biking – 320 miles/ 20:48
- Total Distance – 358 miles
- Total Time – 37:30
I participated in my first Century at the Tour de Palm Springs. I was supposed to do a half marathon the next day but decided to bow out since I was having IT band issues and it was a good thing because I crashed at the very end of the century.
Notes on Month
January was a great month for me and I had some really high hopes for February. They were all dashed when three things happened. One I found a lump in my chest that required surgery (don’t worry it was nothing serious); two I started having IT band issues; and three I crashed my bike. So as you can see I wasn’t too excited to write up my February summary which is why I am finally getting to it!
- Running – 50 miles / 8:21
- Swimming – 15 miles / 8:48
- Biking – 310 miles/ 20:45
- Total Distance – 384 miles
- Total Time – 42:25
Did my first triathlon of the year; the Desert International Distance Triathlon. I had raced this race last year and really hoped to improve my time but with all the stuff that happened in March I was about 10 minutes slower.
Notes on Month
I was still recovering from my craptastic February! But luckily by the end of the month I had finally found a Physical Therapist who really helped me start to recover from ALL my injuries. The IT band got a little better and I did all I could to start ramping up my running again. Notable workout was a self supported century I did on my Birthday! I did all I could this month. Weather and life just got in the way.
Goals for April
- Work on my run; not much time until I need to run a marathon!
- I still want to work on my diet. It would be nice to drop about 5 pounds before Ironman St. George
- Remain calm…stressing out over the race will not help me train!