- Running – 84 Miles / 15:53
- Swimming – 10 miles/ 5:49
- Biking – 134 miles/ 9:03
- Total Distance – 229miles
- Total Time : 32:48
I did two races this month. First was the Santa Clarita Marathon. This was a backup race in case I didn’t BQ in Portland. Since I did, my plan for this race was to run smart and recover well. One out of two isn’t bad! I totally hit the wall at 20ish but I recovered great and felt awesome after the race! The coolest part was I was the 4th woman overall and I won my age group! My next race was my first Ultra marathon, a 50K with over 5000 ft of climbing. I was hoping to do it in 6 hours. The weather (it rained for more than half of it) and my lack of training specifically for this race played a big part in why it took me over 7:30 hours! But when all is said and done, I am very pleased with the accomplishment of completing an ultra and three big races in 6 weeks!
Notes on Month
It was a funny month because of two big races which means a lot of recovery time and tapering. Because of that my times and distances were down from previous months. Except for my swimming that is… I used the need for recovery and tapering to increase my time in the pool. I am very happy to say that my speed that I had this summer is coming back. I never thought I would enjoy swimming without my master’s team but through the help of some workouts designed by a teammate, I have been trying to make effective use of my time in the pool. One notable thing was I did 50 miles on my new tri bike. That was the furthest I had ridden it so far! I also have been a little better about more consistent core work.
Goals for December
- I am trying to work on my running form but I am not so sure now is the time to do it…
- As I say every month, I need to increase my bike mileage
- I want to have a well-defined plan for my Ironman St. George race. I will be starting training specifically for this race towards the end of the month.
- Improve my nutrition
- Keep smiling through the tough times!